PASO is hiring an Advocacy Coordinator to work in collaboration with the Co-chairs, members, and interns involved with the Coalition, in order to advance PASO’s advocacy initiatives for the benefit of its collective memberships and the broader arts community.
PASO is a Coalition of Provincial Arts Service Organizations that strives to strengthen the environment for the individuals and institutions that create and disseminate the arts in Ontario and for public access to the arts. Our collective memberships are made up of individual artists as well as the performance and exhibition organizations that create and support artistic expression.
The PASO Advocacy Coordinator duties are as follows:
- Support PASO’s public policy initiatives at the provincial level by recruiting, mobilizing and communicating with members of the provincial arts advocacy community through writing letters and appeals and interfacing with public officials.
- Develop and maintain PASO’s online presence, both through our website and social media platforms.
- Represent the arts community by attending and making deputations at government meetings and consultations.
- Conduct research that will better inform the Coalition’s strategies. As well as to share findings with stakeholders, coalition members, and the general public.
- Review PASO’s current governance structure and develop it further around the coalition’s current capabilities, resources, and priorities.
- Establishing a record of PASO’s current activities and past accomplishments.
Conceptualize and develop soft advocacy initiatives that will engage different communities throughout Ontario.
- Research options for a recurring Ontario-focused advocacy initiatives.
The Advocacy Coordinator will work 14 hours per week, at $25 per hour, for 28 weeks, commencing September 14th 2015, through to March 21st 2016 working in the office of Theatre Ontario located in downtown Toronto.
Applicants should have passionate interest in both public policy and the arts. Requirements include strong organizational skills, facility with basic digital platforms and excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an interest in public speaking preferred.
Send a resume and a cover letter outlining your interest in the position, relevant experience and how this position fits into your big picture to Bruce Pitkin at bruce(at)theatreontario(dot)org. Please put “PASO Advocacy Coordinator Position” in your subject line. Applications are due by 9:00 am on Tuesday September 8th, 2015.