The ARCCO / Halpenny Insurance Program
The Halpenny Insurance Brokers Ltd /Artist-Run Centres & Collectives of Ontario (ARCCO) Insurance Program features pricing and coverages that are unparalleled in the industry- all provided by Intact Insurance, Canada’s largest auto, home, and business insurance company protecting over 4 million customers.
Since each individual insurance policy makes up part of one large insurance program, we are able to offer rates well below the industry average, and on a wide array of coverage’s tailored to meet your specific needs. Our program consists of over 90 enthusiastic policyholders with new subscribers being added on a regular basis.
The current insurance program for ARCCO members does have some advantages that are difficult to compete with and we’re very proud of the package that we have put together with Intact Insurance.
1. Best of all, the members benefit from low premium rates as compared to Intact’s competitive rates for organizations outside of the program. We are often encouraging arts organizations we insure to switch to the insurance program to benefit from an ARCCO membership and the lower rates.
2. Peace of mind is the other main goal of the program. We only add coverages to the program using Intact’s most comprehensive forms with the highest limits. Organizations switching to the program often end with better coverage at a lower rate.
3. A feature that Intact has customized for the program is the Fine Arts Extension which amends the Commercial Edge Plus Property Endorsement to include a $100,000 limit towards Fine Arts in the care and custody of the organization. This includes art while in transit in Canada and the U.S., while on display and off premises. Many of the members take advantage of this feature for various exhibitions.
The following is a list of all the coverage options available to your organization:
- Commercial General Liability ($2M or $5M)
- Director’s & Officer’s Liability ($2M only)
- Contents coverage (min. $35,000)
- Property Extension Package
- Crime Package
- Sewer Back-up
- Earthquake coverage
In 2017, the following new coverages will also be available to members under the program:
1. Liability extension for Independent Contractors. We now have the ability to extend coverage for those people that are not employees, but are paid to do work on behalf of the organization.
2. Equipment Breakdown. Coverage for loss due to mechanical or electrical breakdown of nearly any type of equipment, including HVAC, electrical, mechanical, but also photocopiers and computers. Coverage applies to the cost to repair or replace the equipment and any other property damaged by the equipment breakdown.
3. Cyber Expense Coverage. This is first party coverage for privacy breaches and includes $25,000 for privacy breach expenses, $25,000 business interruption loss coverage as well as $25,000 for cyber legal expenses.
For general information, please contact:
Axl T. Ernst, Executive Assistant
Artist-Run Centres & Collectives of Ontario
For more information about how you may receive a quote, please email:
Halpenny Insurance Brokers Ltd.
Halpenny Insurance Brokers Ltd.
1550 Laperriere Avenue Suite 100
Ottawa, Ontario K1Z 7T2
Please note that in order to participate in this program you must be a member of ARCCO. Please contact Axl T. Ernst at axl.at.arcco[at]gmail[dot]com or call 519-672-7898 for details on how to become a member.